June 20, 2019
Many parents consider it difficult to find the reading glasses for their children, making it dreadful for them to walk into optical shops. This task does not only require your time and money, but can also be a little confusing. There are a number of frames to choose from and finding the right one can be a bit difficult.
No parent would want deciding what to buy to last more than a few days. Thus, it is important that you know the things you need to consider when buying glasses for your children.
Since children’s reading glasses come in various styles and colours, it becomes a problem for most parents. To make sure that your children will wear them, let them choose a few items and base your choice from that selection. You can also ask your eye doctor to give you some recommendations. Remember, the decision does not have to be yours alone. to help you decide, here are 5 things you need to keep in mind.
- Spring Hinges – Why do you need to consider spring hinges when buying reading glasses? It is because of their flexibility. They allow the frames to bend outward when your child takes off or wear the glasses. Most kids yank the glasses off their face, which leads to breakage.
- Tint – Most eye doctors do not recommend tinting as it can be harmful to the eyes of children. As an alternative, consider photochromatic lenses which automatically darkens when outside and lightens indoors. If you think these lenses are too expensive, you can purchase a pair of clip-on tinted lenses attached to the frame.
- Scratch-resistant coating – This extra tough coating provides stronger resistance against possible scratches and comes with a better warranty.
- Warranties – This usually varies from one seller to another, especially when it comes to children’s reading glasses. Purchase from a seller that offers at least one year policy after the date of purchase.
- Silicone Nose Pads – These nose pads keep the glasses from falling down the face of your children. The silicone ones are great for kids as they are softer and more comfortable. They are also non-slip which helps the glasses to remain on their right position.
There are more to the he five things to consider when buying children reading glasses, if you want to find out more tips, head on to our blog.