June 20, 2019
Due to the increasing amount of ultraviolet rays, eye problems become one of the fast growing diseases all around the world. Thus, most eye doctors recommend the use of sunglasses to protect the eyes of people of all ages from the harmful rays of the sun. Overexposure to UV rays can cause eye conditions including cataracts and eye irritation, as well as skin cancer. Because of this, it has become very important for you to choose the best sunglasses with lenses that can block UV radiation effectively.
Here are some of the important qualities of the best sunglasses to help you pick the perfect pair:
High quality sunglasses often include UV protection details on the product label. There are two types of radiation, UVB and UVA. UVB radiation is considered more dangerous to the skin and eyes compared to UVA. Still, eye doctors recommend they should be both avoided. The best sunglasses should block 100% of UV rays. To make sure that they do, check the UV protection details carefully.
There are various types of sunglasses lenses you can choose from. These include:
- Blue-Blocking Lenses – These lenses provide extra protection to people with light coloured eyes as they are susceptible to macular damage caused by blue light.
- Polarized Lenses – These lenses filter horizontal light waves and reduce blinding glare that result to eyestrain.
- Photochromic Lenses – These lenses darken or lighten automatically according to the changing intensities of light in order to protect your eyes.
- Polycarbonate Lenses – These lenses are impact resistant, lightweight, and with good optical clarity.
- Mirror Coated Lenses – Considered as great for many activities, these lenses include various coatings that can repel water or resist fog and scratches.
The last quality of the best sunglasses is the frame design. Frames that are too small may not protect the eyes from the UV rays entering sideways and above. On the other hand, too large frames can be uncomfortable.
When choosing the best sunglasses, make sure that you choose the ones with proper frames and lenses that offer protection, comfort, and style. Go to our website to know more about the qualities of the best sunglasses.