June 20, 2019
Sunglasses do not only make you look fashionable, but also help protect your eyes from the damaging ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Thus, it is important that you choose the right ones to get the most of their benefits. When buying wholesale sunglasses, it can be difficult to make sure that you obtain what you needed so you need to follow these steps to make sure that you look fashionable and that your eyes are protected.
- When purchasing wholesale sunglasses, make sure to check the labels to ascertain that the sunglasses you ordered provide 100 percent UVA and UVB protection.
- Look for sunglasses that filter out some blue light. Blue light can damage the retina and cause serious eye diseases such as macular degeneration, which is a loss of vision caused by the degeneration of parts of the eye at old age. To make sure that that your wholesale sunglasses have this filter, try wearing them outside. The blue sky should appear gray with these sunglasses. You should also ask your retailer about polarization, which is a type of filtering useful in reducing glare.
- Choose a lens colour based on your comfort level and preference. Orange brown lenses are good choices if you are suffering from macular degeneration because they filter our blight light and UV rays, and offer maximum retinal protection. Green lenses often distort colours less than yellow and red, while gray does not affect colour perception.
- Order wholesale sunglasses in plastic, lightweight, and shatterproof materials, especially if you are planning to wear them while playing active sports.
- For total protection of your eyes, purchase sunglasses that cover a large area of your face.
Tips in Choosing Sunglasses
- For added eye protection, you should wear a hat with at least 3 inches brim with your sunglasses.
- Keep in mind that darker lens does not necessarily mean better protection. Also, light-tinted lenses do not necessarily offer better visibility. You should check labels in order to find wholesale sunglasses that offer the best protection.
- To avoid mislabelling, purchase a UV card. A UV card is a device used for testing sunglasses. You can order this online or from an optometrist.
If you want to know how to choose the right wholesale sunglasses for you, visit our website to learn more.