1. Register your new business. If you want to become a sunglasses distributor, you need to apply for a business license first. Visit your local county or parish government agency and complete your registration requirements. Also, get a taxpayer identification number (TIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and open a business bank account.
2. Study sunglasses. Learn about sunglasses, their form, function, and quality. Sunglasses take various forms, from simple specs to wrap-around frames and polarized to polycarbonate lenses.
3. Look for wholesale manufacturers and distributors. As a sunglasses distributor, you can purchase manufactured or designed sunglasses or find a manufacturer and provide the specifications for your products. You can also request catalogues and check out resources of sunglasses manufacturers over the internet.
4. Create your business plan. Your business plan is an outline of your success. It should include your mission, target market, required facilities and supplies, start-up tasks and implementation, capital needs, and required resources.
5. Finance your business. If you do not have the capital to finance your start-up business, you can find venture capital investors or secure a business loan from your family and friends, or even a commercial bank.
6. Secure an office. Make sure that your office has warehousing facilities to house bulk inventory for shipment to clients. As a sunglasses distributor, your office should be equipped with appropriate shelving and warehouse space. It should also have an adequate receiving and shipping facility.
7. Promote your business. Advertise your business in publication that target fashion retailers. You can also join industry organizations to be up to date with the latest news, trends, and information in the distribution industry.
You want to know how to become a successful sunglasses distributor. Follow the steps we outlined above and check out on our website.