June 20, 2019
Sunglasses are an essential accessory that help you protect your eyes, not only from the sun, but from other harmful elements. They are also a fashion item that compliment your personality and style.
In part 3 of our 50 Shades of Cool list of the benefits of wearing sunglasses, we look on how sunglasses protect from some forms of skin cancer and sunburns, brightness as well as make you look cool.
(continued from part 2)
Shades protect your eyes from dust particles and other harmful elements
- Shades protect your eyes from dust particles and other harmful elements.
- Up to 10 percent of all skin cancers are found on the eyelid. Wearing sunglasses protect your eyes and your skin.
- Wearing shades also help prevent eye problems such as macular degeneration.
- Sunglasses help prevent conditions such as Pterygium. It is an abnormal growth of tissue – also called surfer’s eye – which can lead to inflammation or disturbance of vision.
- Shades protect you from getting Photokeratitis (sunburn of the eye).
- Kids love sunglasses.
- Sunglasses come in all colours and designs.
- Most luxury fashion brands have their own sunglasses collection.
- You can buy a pair of sunglasses that will help you protect your eyes from as little 5 pounds.
- You can’t be ‘The Dude’ without sunglasses. The most stylish part of Jeff Bridges’ wardrobe in the Cohen Borthers flick The Big Lebowski was in fact a pair of sunglasses made by Vuarnet.
To be continued. If you’ve missed part one and two of our 50 Shades of Cool list, please click the links: (Part 1) (Part 2)
If you wish to know more about sunglasses, reading glasses and eyewear, keep checking our Euro Optics UK blog, follow us on Twitter or visit Euro Optics UK | Wholesaler of Sunglasses, Reading Glasses, Optical Frames and Eyewear at www.euro-optics.co.uk. (LINK)